Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Uganda mural 4&5...

I decided to toss the last two murals I did in Uganda into one post. I'm getting behind on my updates. These last two images were really fun because I did them at an amazing school that was walking distance from where I was staying. The principal loved me and told me I could paint anything I wanted. So once again I gave the kids a choice.
 This one was originally an elephant holding a large stick full of birds but the kids all seemed to love the fish. Fish are very common in the area around Lake Victoria. This one only took me about 5 hours. Once again I painted as tons of kids watched patiently every move I made.
 this next mural (below) was on the main staff building. Outside of the principals office. There was going to be several monkeys also sitting on various higher parts of the windows and walls. But the wooden ladder that was built fell apart. So, no monkeys were added. :)

 As always I used animals that were local to the area. One of Uganda's main animals is called a Kob, a type of antelope. I also saw several kingfishers along the Nile River. So I added one of those as well.
The kids here were some of my favorite. I spent almost an entire day just running around with them and playing various games. Most all the kids who go to school here have left their families and live in the same buildings full time. 24/7 kids everywhere. Little adult supervision and yet still just amazing bright kids who thirst for knowledge. Always asking me about America and different things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment