Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Uganda Mural 1...


My trip back from Uganda has been a bit overwhelming. Looking through almost 1000 photos from a trip can be daunting at times. So I will be breaking these blog posts into several posts over however long it takes.

Right before heading over to Africa I researched several animals local to the area. I roughly sketched out a few possible ideas for wall murals.
During my 4th day there I started work on a large mural at a school I visited. The school had great walls to work with and had amazing views overlooking Lake Victoria as well as parts of Jinja. It was a long process just to start a wall (That process will be in another future post). Five hours later the wall was complete with a large Ugandan Crested Crane: The Ugandan bird &  their country's symbol.
Below is a time-lapse of the entire Crested Crane mural process.

I will continue to post more murals, personal sketches, & writings.

No comments:

Post a Comment