Saturday, November 17, 2012

Uganda Mural 3...

More Uganda updates  -  (A bit out-of-order) 
One late afternoon I headed down to the Nile River to watch some wild Vervet monkeys. I went with Brent from the organization IamJ3, and sat on the bottom of a small hill. I watched 3 or 4 of them only to turn around and see several more right behind me. It was an amazing experience but a bit startling to have 12 to 15 monkeys all around you so closely.
 One of the very first murals I started was at the Light Gives Heat SUUBI building. The main building where a lot of LGH business takes place. The area was very close to Victoria Lake and I noticed people trying to sell their days catch throughout the village. I decided a giant tilapia fish would be perfect for this building. Dave & Brent did a great job cleaning the walls of all the red dirt & dust before I started painting. I wanted the blue design to flow from the outside to the inside with ease.

All the SUUBI woman and the kids within the village loved the building. The high contrast and bright blue really stood out within the small huts of the village. 
Below is a quick time-lapse while painting the mural in Danida, Uganda.



No comments:

Post a Comment