Sunday, February 28, 2010

inspiration...

Someone recently asked me:
"What is your inspiration for your artwork?"

That question has always seemed so broad to me. What is anyone's inspiration to do anything really? I think life in general has an overabundance of inspiration daily.

People, trees, artwork, food, movies, tattoos, animals, planes, babies, the ocean, etc. All these things inspire me. Then I started looking around my house and seeing art and objects that I really like that inspire me daily. So I took a few random pictures in my home & studio and decided to share a sneak peek.
Studio wall- I do have quite a bit of artwork. Some originals and some prints. There is so many amazing artists in the world.
Some of the artwork that hangs on my walls include work by: Shepard Fairey, Gabe Leonard, Alex Pardee, Joshua Clay, Greg Simkins, Skot Olsen, Jen Lebo, Sam Flores, Brian Despain, Sas Christian, Johnathan Viner, Dave Kinsey, etc.
Random toys, art books, journals, & other objects people have given me are also a great deal of daily inspiration for creativity. Hope you enjoyed the little sneak peak. -PM

1 comment: