Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Back from NY

This was definitely the coldest trip I have ever been on. I flew into New York for one week to work on an animated short film. The first day I was there it snowed and after that the temp ranged from 6o to 24o . Being from Florida I was extremely cold.
The whole point of me going to NY was to work on a short animated film project. Having it so cold outside helped me stay indoors and work. The project, like most projects, turned out to be a lot more work then I anticipated. Several long days of drawing, then photographing each piece, then cleaning the art on the computer, then loading each piece & building an entire three dimensional world. In 5 days we finished 40secs of film! Those 40secs are amazing so far. We have hope of the film being complete by June 2010. Sneak Peak- Gareth P. Cox, Kasey Kirby, & Patrick Maxcy characters.
Artists Alex Pardee was in town over at Upper Playground/ Zero Friends. I stopped in to chat with him for a bit about his work and life. He even drew a sketch for me in my notebook and told me he'd seen my "Octodextrous" painting. He told me it was pretty sick. Super nice guy.
I ended the last day with a bang. Meeting up with my good friend Danny Finnerman at MoMA for the amazing Tim Burton exhibit. I could have stayed in there all day just looking at all the amazing and very funny images throughout Burton's life. From high school days until today.
I want to thank my host's Kyrie' & Gareth Cox for always letting me stay with them. NY is always great when i get to hangout with them. Until next time I'm staying where it's warm.

To see more pics go to my Flickr Photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment