Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Traveling Pt.2

...After a week in Colorado I flew to New York for another full week. This was my 10th time there so I stayed out of the main tourist areas. Stayed with some amazing friends, Armistead & Elisa, in Brooklyn. Did several days of just visiting art galleries. Small shows, major shows, an art overload. Met up with so many good friends I hadn't seen in awhile. Sketched a few animals at the Natural History Museum. Ate good food. Too much to list it all.
I decided to take a walk through a cemetery in Brooklyn. It was extremely amazing. It was 100+ acres and I became immersed in it for almost 2 hours. Graves even from the early 1800's. Not realizing it closed at a certain time, I actually ended up getting locked inside. I continued to visit galleries. Even met up with one of my old art students and checked out a few shows. Saw work from Kris Kulski, Ron English, Ana Bagayan, Travis Louie, Brian Despain, Alex Gross, Victor Castillo, etc. I even got to stop by and hang out with one of my favorite artists, Martin Wittfooth. Seeing new prints and his current works for his upcoming solo show. Pretty amazing time once again.

2 comments: