Sunday, December 4, 2011

thoughts from today...

I saw an child about age 10 today. He sluggishly stepped out of the back seat of a sleek black Land Rover while wearing new white Nike shoes, an extravagant gold necklace & large watch, and eating a self serve yogurt. He whined to his parents at a high volume how tired he was ... As I witnessed this, these images from where I was last week raced through my mind.
After traveling to Pine Ridge, South Dakota and various other low income and impoverish lands in the past; the reality of what I have experienced usually doesn't hit me until I am back in my own home. These reality checks are welcomed. I just hope each of us are grateful for what we have and are proud of who we are. Step back, close your eyes, sit alone outside, and just listen every now and then. It's pretty amazing.

More details from my adventure to S. Dakota in the next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment