Monday, December 7, 2009

Miami / Art Basel 09 recap




4 full days of non stop art. I am overwhelmed with visual stimulation for awhile. I saw some absolutely amazing work these past few days.

I met up with Francesco LoCastro who got me passes into Scope & Aqua/Vanguard. Scope was the most legit show. Showing work from all over the world including some insane artists from Hong Kong & other parts of Asia. Aqua was like scope just on a smaller scale, yet still had some amazing work.

I went to over a dozen shows throughout the week. Including several VIP shows. Met some amazing artists and people I've always wanted to met. Not one person seemed rude and disrespectful. It was pretty humbling seeing several artists I admire work. I got to met, talk with, hang out, and watch several artists work, including: Ron English, Shepard Fairy, Os Gemoes, Mac, Retna, Jeff Soto, Tara McPherson, Barry McGee, Gary Baseman, etc.

I also showed work this year in two seperate shows, Multiversal & Miami I.T. show. Showed work with some amazing artists and getting some good feedback from several.

I took a ton of pictures and had a hard time narrowing down which ones to post. I ended up posting 106 pictures out of the over 300 I took. So if you missed out on this years Basel events check out some of my favorites here: ART BASEL PICTURES

Pictures: * ART BASEL *

No comments:

Post a Comment