Wednesday, December 26, 2012

From canvas to customer...

I had an idea for a painting I wanted to do for awhile. I sketched out the idea in detail first. Planning out the layout. Process photos below.
 A friend of mine, David, shot a black bear awhile ago. I'm not personally into killing animals, but many of my friends do for food. So I photographed the amazing skull of the black bear. I had also photographed a very small owl a year or so ago. The two worked perfect together. I like how owls watch in the night over the forest floor and see everything the happens around them. Hence why I named this piece 'Guardian'. 
 Two days after I finished the painting it sold to David's wife, who purchased it as a Christmas gift for him. I love seeing the work once it reaches the clients hands and how happy they are. Thank you guys!
'Guardian' / by Patrick Maxcy / 11'x14'

No comments:

Post a Comment