Monday, September 27, 2010

Monsters Under My Bed.


Finished up a new small piece for a Bear&Bird Gallery "Monster's Under My Bed" group show. Over 200 works based on Childhood fears.

The piece I did is a “Landstrider” from a fantasy film directed by The Muppets co-creators Henson and Frank Oz. “Jim Henson has always been a huge inspiration to me,” Maxcy reveals. “He continually pushed the boundaries of creativity. But The Dark Crystal, one of his films from 1982, always creeped me out. It's pretty creepy when movies make creatures and puppets look realistic. This creature was called a Landstrider. Many of the characters in that film scared me when I was younger and to this day, I still have a hard time sitting through it.” - CityLink Magazine

Read more about the show & see more images at City Link Magazine.
Be sure to go to the show Oct 2nd @ Bear&Bird Gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment